September 04, 2010

Allotment update... and a new job!

Well, it seems I've finally found something I can stick at - it's been slow progress, but the allotment is looking pretty decent and we've been harvesting courgettes, sweetcorn, rhubarb and potatoes (as well as some very small onions).

Only half the plot is dug over for now but I've got plans to start digging over the other half in the next few months, and I've made a start on planning what will go where next year. I'll try and get some pics up soon.

In other news, I am no longer a reporter - I've started a new job as a press officer for a fantastic national charity that's doing some really important work. The nerves have subsided after a few days in the job, as everyone has been really lovely and helpful and I've already got plenty to be getting on with. An extra plus is that it's much closer to home - meaning I no longer need to commute up the A14 and I can get home with lots of time to do things in the evening - like working on the allotment. Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment