September 04, 2010

Allotment progress pictures

Having just eaten some potatoes dug up earlier today, I figured now would be a good time to post some of the pictures showing the progress we've made. First I've uploaded a before and after picture showing what it looked like when I first planted the seedlings I'd grown in the kitchen, and what it looked like after a few weeks of rain last month, albeit before the carrots and lettuce started showing themselves in the plot at the very bottom of the photo.

And just to be smug, there's also a picture of today's harvest, including rhubarb, a courgette and potatoes. I'm still astounded by the fact that all of this comes from a few seeds - I will never stop being amazed when those seeds start turning into plants and those plants start bearing fruit and veg! I can now nod my head in agreement when people talk about how much better freshly-picked sweetcorn tastes, and I can't wait to see what this little patch of ground can produce when I've got a full year to work on it. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment