June 16, 2006

Additions to my library

Yesterday I bought three books which I have neither the money to afford nor the time to read, but they all look infinitely more interesting than theories on Economic Globalisation. They were:

The Line of Beauty by Alan Hollinghurst

How We Are Hungry by Dave Eggers

A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina Lewycka

Somehow this was the result of running out of reading material at lunchtime, wandering into Blackwell's, realising the two books I was considering were in a 3 for 2 promotion and thinking "oh well, I may as well take advantage, buy them both and find another book". Time and again I fall for this shameless trick and end up with another three books sitting on my shelf, making me feel guilty for not having read them. Bookshops are evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment